Mission and Goals
The Social Services Department is dedicated to promoting health and quality of life through the pursuit of Clinical Research.
The goals of the Social Services Department are:
- To support the mission of the Rockefeller University Hospital (RUH) CTSA program by providing quality research participant care.
- To provide social work case management services to the participants of the inpatient and outpatient units of RUH.
Scope of Services
- Identifying the need for case management or supportive counseling services in alignment with the social services referral policies for the inpatient and outpatient units.
- Assessing participants, giving supportive assistance, and making referrals as indicated.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with RUH, HIPPA, New York State and NASW ethical standards.
- Providing discharge planning services and coordinating the components which together make up the continuum of care.
- Providing information on community resources.
Educating participants and their support systems with regard to social benefits